The Kafue Plains and Lake Safari allows you to experience 3 of the most complimentary camps and regions of the Southern and central parts of Kafue National Park in Zambia.
Beginning in Livingstone and ending in Lusaka (or vice versa), the Lake and Plains Safari offers the wide open spaces and game drive/safari walk focus of Nanzhila Plains Camp with the stunning game rich shorelines of Lake Itezhi-tezhi from Nanzhila Lake Camp.
These 2 areas give you both land and water based activities and a myriad of different wildlife and birding species to discover – it really is the best of both worlds!
An 6 night safari that explores the plains of the Southern section of the Kafue from Nanzhila Plains Camp followed by the incredible game rich shorelines of Lake Itezhi-tezhi from Nanzhila Lake Camp
- The Nanzhila Chalets or safari tents all have beautiful views over the dambo and the gauzed windows allow all the wonderful sounds of the African night to reach you clearly
- Game drives and safari walks around Nanzhila are bound to reveal a wide variety of wildlife and bird species including 4 out the Big 5!
- Your hosts at Nanzhila are the owners - Steve and Cindy Smith - which means you are assured of faultless attention to detail and hours of stories around the fire about life in the bush!
- The riverside accommodation at Kaingu is stunning with constant bird activity and the honking of hippos in the background. These well appointed safari tents are beautiful, comfortable and perfectly positioned
- The section of the Kafue River around Kaingu is stunning and the boat cruises and canoe trips are an absolute must on this trip to complement the game drive experience.
- As Kaingu is river-based, it offers a number of bird and wildlife species that are not found in Nanzhila so the combination of the 2 camps really gives you the full Kafue Safari feel